Saturday, December 8, 2018

海底鸡 or Ayam Laut or Chicken in the sea


I get known of this 海底鸡 or Ayam Laut or Chicken in the sea from one of my friend from Sarawak. My friend mentioned this fish few times and told me that this fish is delicious. I always thought of another fish called 大眼鸡 or Ikan Nyok-Nyok. These 大眼鸡 or Ikan Nyok-Nyok always use for grilled fish in hawker centre. Usually the stall will oil grill or pan fry the 大眼鸡 with chillies sambal and few vegetables like lady fingers, long beans, petai and four season peas. The texture of 大眼鸡 is like soft and tender chicken.

When I saw this 海底鸡 in the market, I bought it and search on Youtube on how people cook it. The best way to eat fish is to steam the fish so you can eat the original taste of the fish. I just chopped some garlic and sliced the gingers and fried these ingredient until golden colour and crispy. The steamed fish sauce also learn from Youtube. I actually steamed the fish in 7 minutes because the Youtuber is steam his whole fish by 8 minutes.

Regarding the texture of 海底鸡, I just can say the texture is firm and like deep sea fish. Maybe I had oversteam the fish since the 海底鸡 already in slices. I should steam around 5 minutes since my house new stove can produce very big fire. The skin of 海底鸡 is quite thick and a little bit like giant grouper and full of collagen.

A little complain from my family is that the fish is a bit firm and hard as I was oversteamed the fish. Anyway good to know the fish 海底鸡 that I never heard and eat before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment