Friday, August 7, 2009

Kaffir Lime




My sister bought this Kaffir Lime Plant when we intend to start a spice garden behind our backyard. We all attracted by it's aromatic, astringent flavor. The Kaffir Lime Leaf can be used to cook Tom Yam Soup and other Thailand delicacies.

The kaffir lime is a rough, bumpy green fruit that grows on very thorny bush with aromatic and distinctively shaped "double" leaves. It is well suited to container growing. The green lime fruit is distinguished by its bumpy exterior and its small size.

People who have bad luck will always put the kaffir lime into the water and take a bath using the kaffir lime aromatic flavour water. According to Traditional, the water will wash away all the bad luck.

It had been waited for two years for the kaffir lime plant to bear the kaffir lime. That is a wonderful satisfactory feeling. The plant now bears a lot of kaffir limes. The kaffir lime is actually costs you RM1.00. I always joke with my mum that I am going to sell the kaffir limes at the Pasar Pagi or Pasar Malam. My mum will reply me with if you dare please go ahead.....

No comments:

Post a Comment